Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Germany - Frankfurt


In Frankfurt we had a quick a 3 hour layover in so we decided to see what there was to do right outside of the station.. There was a rather large and impressive Cathedral and a museum, Ludwig Museum, that were both closed so after walking around a bit we decided that we would just grab a bite to eat at a top rated restaurant.  Gotta love technology, we checking out the ratings for restaurants in the area and  luckily enough found one literally right next to the station if you exit the station and turn left around it.

After a filling dinner we loaded onto the train ready to catch some Z's and be ready to rock it out in Interlaken for a second round of adventures.



Unfortunately we can't seem to find the pics from dinner or our overnight train but here are a couple we have of the cathedral -



Jason notes -

  As I got out of the train at Frankfurt and sat down on the bench outside of the train I looked up and saw a massive Cathedral.  It's rather cool when train stations are positioned right in the heart of cities.  I'd been to Frankfurt before when I studied abroad in Spain and had a layover that landed in Frankfurt before heading over to Madrid.  Though I was a very different person back then, I thought about how it might be cool to walk around in Germany a bit.  I never did get the chance before I was immersed in Spain for 2 months and neither did I get the chance on the layover back two months later.  Checking our bags into a little conveyer belt luggage storage we headed out and walked around the ancient giant.  I must say, the cathedrals I've seen across Europe have inspired me to read Ken Follet's novel after the Pillars of the Earth, called The World Without End once I get back.  I believe I have it from Ren mom, but if not maybe I'll grab it for the Kindle.  Probably not though because I like having hardcopies and I'll just get something in my hand to read.  Maybe I like hardcopies because I'm used to it, or maybe I just want to fill my shelves on my library ;)  Either way, I must admit the Kindle was very functional and made a lot of sense for this trip and will probably get use on trips similar in the future.  Enough rambling on and on though and back to dinner - I must say it was excellent!  I highly recommend the place and with our content bellies we walked out and back up towards the cathedral.  Grabbing a seat facing the massive building, for a few minutes  we just cuddled up to keep Candace warm and gazed upwards, appreciating the moment… 

No comments:

Post a Comment